Leisure Studies Grant
The Leisure Studies Grant is a financial award presented annually to an undergraduate student in the leisure studies field. A grant may be awarded to one or more students. The student must meet all requirements as presented below.
Applications will open soon!
- Applicant must be a member of the Indiana Park and Recreation Association at the time of the nomination and utilization of the grant (Student Membership is free)
- Applicant must complete and return the attached Student Financial Statement
- Applicant must submit a current resume
- Applicant must submit a written letter of recommendation from a current professor, counselor, or advisor
- Applicant must submit a current grade transcript from their university
- Applicant must have a minimum class standing of sophomore and be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in Indiana
- Applicant must be in good academic standing and not on academic or disciplinary probation
- Applicants must possess a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale or a “B” average if an alternate grading scale is used
The ideal grant recipient is one who would have a 3.5 or greater cumulative GPA, have a parks and recreation related major – or – work/volunteer in parks and recreation or related field. Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have a vested interest in furthering the parks & recreation profession.
- A student may nominate themselves for the grant
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in an NRPA accredited program
- Awarding of the grant will be based on a combination of the following: academic and extra-curricular achievement/involvement, financial need, and recommendations
- Grant recipient must claim and use the grant during the fall semester of the same year the grant is awarded, or the spring semester of the following year