Leisure Studies Grant
The Leisure Studies Grant is a financial award presented annually to an undergraduate student in the leisure studies field. A grant may be awarded to one or more students. The student must meet all requirements as presented below.
Applications are currently being accepted. Click Apply Now to begin the process.
Application deadline is June 30, 2021!
- Applicant must be a member of the Indiana Park and Recreation Association at the time of the nomination and utilization of the grant (Student Membership is free)
- Applicant must complete and return the attached Student Financial Statement
- Applicant must submit a current resume
- Applicant must submit a written letter of recommendation from a current professor, counselor, or advisor
- Applicant must submit a current grade transcript from their university
- Applicant must have a minimum class standing of sophomore and be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in Indiana
- Applicant must be in good academic standing and not on academic or disciplinary probation
- Applicants must possess a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale or a “B” average if an alternate grading scale is used
The ideal grant recipient is one who would have a 3.5 or greater cumulative GPA, have a parks and recreation related major – or – work/volunteer in parks and recreation or related field. Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have a vested interest in furthering the parks & recreation profession.
- A student may nominate themselves for the grant
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in an NRPA accredited program
- Awarding of the grant will be based on a combination of the following: academic and extra-curricular achievement/involvement, financial need, and recommendations
- Grant recipient must claim and use the grant during the fall semester of the same year the grant is awarded, or the spring semester of the following year