Scholarship for Children
of IPRA Members
The Scholarship for Children of IPRA Members is a financial award presented annually to the child/children of an IPRA member. The applicant must meet all requirements as presented below. The scholarship may be awarded to one or more students.
Application Deadline is May 30, 2020
- One of the applicant's parents or legal guardian must be a professional member of the Indiana Park and Recreation Association at the time of the application and utilization of the scholarship
- Applicant must submit a current resume
- Applicant must complete and return the attached Student Financial Statement
- Applicant must submit a current grade transcript from their University
- Applicant must submit a written letter of recommendation from a current professor, counselor, or advisor
- Applicant must have a minimum class standing of sophomore and be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate college or advanced training program
- Applicant must be in good academic standing and not on academic or disciplinary probation
- Applicants must possess a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale or a “B” average if an alternate grading scale is used
The ideal scholarship recipient is one who would have a 3.5 or greater cumulative GPA, have a parks and recreation related major – or – work/volunteer in parks and recreation or related field. Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have a vested interest in furthering the parks & recreation profession.
- Awarding of the scholarship will be based on a combination of the following: academic and extra-curricular achievement/involvement, financial need, and recommendations
- Applicant is not required to be enrolled in a parks and recreation curriculum or an NRPA accredited program
- Applicant must claim and use scholarship during the fall semester of the same year the scholarship is awarded or the spring semester of the following year