Virtual CPSI: July 14-15, 2020 and
September 28-30, 2020
Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, the CPSI classroom course that was scheduled for this year will now be provided as a virtual training. The CPSI Blended Course is comprised of two steps, the completion of the CPSI Online Prep Course followed by a Live Virtual Course led by a CPSI Instructor.
Step One – CPSI Online Prep Course
• Course participants will receive an email with information on how to access the CPSI Online Prep Course.
• The CPSI Online Prep Course is self-paced, approximately 12 hours in length and must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the live virtual training session.
Step Two – Live Virtual Course
• The virtual training course will be done via Zoom, will be one day and will be 4 hours in length.
• The virtual course will be led by a CPSI Instructor.
• Participants have the option of selecting the preferred date of their live virtual training
• Participants that are registered for the CPSI exam will now be taking the exam at a local computer testing center.
• Participants will receive an email with information on how to schedule the exam approximately one week prior to the Live Virtual Course.
|IPRA Member |
Course & Exam - $545
Exam Only - $120
|Non Member |
Course & Exam - $645
Exam Only - $150
*Exam only registrations do not include course manuals.
According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission, 200,000 children are treated annually for playground accidents. Of these, 70% or 140,000 occurred at public parks and schoolyards. How does your equipment measure up? How many preventable injuries occurred in your parks or facilities?
• protect children from injury due to playground hazards
• protect your business or agency from costly liabilities
• open the door to more opportunities for career advancement
• increase your job mobility and choices even in the face of a tough job market
• reach your short-term job goals and position yourself for success in your long-term career
• be associated with NRPA's strong and long-standing reputation in playground safety
Please direct all questions to email@example.com.
The CPSI classroom course trains individuals to identify hazards on public playgrounds and playground equipment, how to rank those hazards according to injury potential and how to apply that knowledge and establish a playground safety program. The course covers the material necessary to pass the Certified Playground Safety Inspector certification exam.
Individuals taking the CPSI Classroom Course will gain practical, hands-on training on how to apply the ASTM standards and the CPSC guidelines to playground environments. Upon completion of the CPSI course an individual should be capable of establishing a sound risk reduction program, establish a system of repair, retrofit and removal of hazardous equipment and establish a routine inspection system.
Individuals wishing to become a Certified Playground Safety Inspector, playground owner/operators, health inspectors, daycare staff, school and park maintenance personnel, risk reduction managers, manufacturers, playground installers, insurance agents, etc.
Course is approved for 1.5 CEU's
Message to Certified Playground Safety Inspectors expiring between 4/1/2020 and 7/1/2020
Due to the current challenging circumstances, NRPA and the National Certification Board is extending all Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) certification expiration dates between 4/1/2020 and 7/1/2020 by 90 days.